THANK YOU for taking the next step to energize YOUR SANTA FE COUNTY DEMOCRATIC PARTY.
COUNTY CENTRAL COMMITTEE || RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS
- ATTEND COUNTY CENTRAL COMMITTEE MEETINGS. The first is Saturday March 25th 2017, 9:30am registration / 10:30 am meeting, 1420 Cerrillos Road. At this meeting you will elect your next Santa Fe County Democratic leadership and delegates to State Central Committee. ***PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE BY 9:30 FOR REGISTRATION!***
- COUNTY CENTRAL COMMITTEE is the governing body of the Santa Fe County Democratic party. A quorum is required for business to be conducted. Expect two or more meetings per year. The next meeting will consider strategy for 2018 mid-term elections.
- STAY INFORMED! Provide your current e-mail and phone contact information, sign up on the SF Democratic Party website and “like” our Facebook page .
- SUPPORT DEMOCRATS who are endorsed by the County and State Democratic Party.
COUNTY CENTRAL COMMITTEE || Imagine The POSSIBILITIES!
- SUPPORT your Ward Chair and Vice-Chair.
- Create a Ward STRUCTURE to inform fellow Dems in your neighborhood about Ward meetings.
- PARTICIPATE actively in Ward and County meetings. Invite local officials and candidates. Conduct trainings and community conversations.
- CALL and KNOCK – get to know your Ward neighbors and their issues and ideas.
- COMMUNICATE issues and concerns important in your community at Ward and County meetings.
- ADVOCATE for resolutions and rule changes that will make our Party more inclusive, transparent, and fair.
- IDENTIFY Democrats interested in running for elected positions.
- CONTRIBUTE your ideas about voter outreach, topics and speakers for Ward meetings, and fundraising.
- COORDINATE a VOTER REGISTRATION drive in your Ward.
- SUPPORT and CAMPAIGN for candidates endorsed by the County and State Party – help GET OUT THE VOTE!
- Be VISIBLE! Participating in community events and civic efforts helps build credibility and trust. You will become the face of the Democratic Party to your neighbors.
- Be RESPONSIVE! If you promise to get information to a constituent, please follow through. Your integrity will reflect positively on the Democratic Party.
SANTA FE COUNTY DEMOCRATIC PARTY Rules:
4-2. County Central Committee
A. Powers and Authority. The County Central Committee is the governing body of the DPSFC when regularly convened in the absence of a convention in session. It shall have general supervision and control of the political affairs of the party in the county, except as otherwise provided. By a two-thirds (2/3) vote of all of its members it may adopt or amend rules for the County Party not in conflict with the rules of the DPNM.
B. Assessments. The County Central Committee shall have the authority to levy dues or assessments upon the various recognized party organizations on an equitable basis.
C. Members. The County Central Committee shall be composed of the following:
- ward coordinators
- additional committeepersons, as apportioned to the precincts on the basis of the average of votes cast in each precinct for the Democratic candidate in the most recent presidential and gubernatorial elections. The apportionment for DPSFC shall be one committeeperson for each 100 votes.
- County Chairperson and First Vice-Chairperson.
- the following:
(a) other County Party officers.
(b) state legislators who reside within the county.
(c) county commissioners.
(d) two members selected by and from the New Mexico Young Democrats, should such an organization exist in the county.
(e) two members selected by and from the membership of the Democratic Women of Santa Fe County.
Membership on the Committee is not subject to the requirement of equal division of men and women (Appendix A).
D. Meetings and Calls. The County Central Committee shall meet upon the call of the County Chairperson or by a call initiated by the petition of a majority of the membership. The call shall give reasonable notice and shall be mailed to each member and shall specify the time, place and purposes of the meeting. Publication of notice shall be according to Rule 2-4.E. The call may be amended only by a three-fourths (3/4) vote.
E. Proxy. Except as otherwise provided, proxy voting is permitted. A proxy shall be in writing, signed by the person giving the proxy and filed with the County Secretary. A proxy shall be valid only when voted by a registered Democrat of the same ward as the person giving the proxy.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMITMENT!
QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? IDEAS?